Be a parent is a great boon and also it requires a lot of patience from the parents to grow their kids gently. Kids who get gentle Parenting care not only will get perfection in their life but also have good physical, social, intellectual, and emotional development. It helps to maintain the children’s positive and negative behaviors. The parents should be authentic to the children, communicate with them frankly on all aspects, maintaining consistency, monitor all their activities, advise if require, and take an interest in the children’s education as per their wish. The key skills which parent need are parent-child relationship, maturity to encourage the desirable behavior, teaching skill, self-regulation, planning, supporting, and expecting. They should teach cultural values to their children.
Here are a few gentle parenting tips which will help you grow into a wonderful human in society.
- Listen to your children and identify their strengths and weakness.
- Don’t punish them for their misbehaviors, instead give them rewards and gifts for their pleasurable activities. It will motivate them to do much more good things in their life.
- Try to avoid negative emotions like sarcasm, anger, or ridicule.
- Change your parenting style depending on your kids and boost their self-esteem.
- Comparison is the one which everyone hates a lot. So, don’t compare your kids with others.
- Give them positive attention and help them in most scenarios.
- Control your emotions and parents are excellent role models to them, as they admire the parents a lot.
- Be flexible to them and show lots of love.
- Give them more freedom and independence and avoid harsh disciplines.
- Treat them with more respect, as children learn the behaviors from parents and surroundings.
- Create quality time with the kid by playing with them, read books during bed-time, and make warm memories.
- Teach them the social skills, and avoid too many fights in the family, as it causes frustration about life and society.
- Kid’s health is also most important, hence get them vaccinated on-time, be more vigilant about their security, and listen to their doctor’s advice.
- Kids ask too many questions, but you be quiet and answer them politely. By asking questions, they improve their thinking and communication skills.
Good parenting will help the kids to learn kindness, empathy, self-discipline, honesty, motivate them, and protect them from anxiety, anti-social behavior, and depression. As a parent, you need to set a rule, explain to them your decisions, and involve in your children’s life to make them shine.